In the world of spirits, vodka often gets a bad rap for being flavorless. However, a recent surprise at the International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC) has shattered that stereotype. The judges at the event awarded an outstanding score of 99 out of 100 to Prosperous Vodka, crafted by the Kriol Distillery. This not only makes it the highest rated vodka at the competition but also puts it among the top-rated spirits across all categories.
What sets Prosperous Vodka apart from the rest is not only its exceptional score but also its origin. Produced by the Kriol Distillery, Prosperous Vodka hails from Cabo Verde, a small island nation located off the coast of Western Africa. This vibrant and exotic location may not be immediately associated with world-class vodka, but the judges at IWSC have certainly changed that perception.
The tasting notes for Prosperous Vodka are a testament to its quality. The judges described it as having an enticing nose with bready aromas, a pleasant warmth from the spice on the palate, and a pleasing grain backbone. This attention to detail and complexity is unusual for a spirit often deemed “flavorless.” The secret behind Prosperous Vodka’s exceptional taste lies in its use of a special wheat variety, which imparts a creamy texture and those distinctive bready aromas.
This IWSC recognition serves as a reminder that great vodka can come from unexpected places. While Eastern Europe may be the traditional home of vodka, there are now exceptional expressions emerging from various regions across the globe, from Japan to Southern Argentina, and even tropical isles like Cabo Verde.
Fortunately, obtaining Prosperous Vodka is not a difficult feat, even for those in the United States. The brand enjoys a relatively wide distribution, with its eye-catching blue bottle depicting the picturesque mountainous landscape of Cabo Verde. Priced at around $35, it is an excellent choice for a vodka martini or any other vodka-based cocktail.
As we eagerly await the IWSC rankings for 2024, it is clear that Prosperous Vodka has paved the way for other standout spirits from unexpected locations. So, the next time you visit your local liquor store, don’t hesitate to venture beyond the familiar and explore the world of vodka beyond the conventional boundaries.
1. What makes Prosperous Vodka unique?
– Prosperous Vodka is unique because it received an outstanding score of 99 out of 100 at the International Wine and Spirits Competition (IWSC), making it the highest rated vodka at the event. It is also produced by the Kriol Distillery in Cabo Verde, a small island nation off the coast of Western Africa.
2. What are the tasting notes for Prosperous Vodka?
– The judges described Prosperous Vodka as having an enticing nose with bready aromas, a pleasant warmth from the spice on the palate, and a pleasing grain backbone. It is known for its attention to detail, complexity, and creamy texture.
3. Where does Prosperous Vodka come from?
– Prosperous Vodka is produced in Cabo Verde, a small island nation located off the coast of Western Africa. This exotic location adds to its unique appeal.
4. Can Prosperous Vodka be easily found in the United States?
– Yes, Prosperous Vodka enjoys relatively wide distribution in the United States. It is recognizable by its eye-catching blue bottle, which depicts the mountainous landscape of Cabo Verde.
5. How much does Prosperous Vodka cost?
– Prosperous Vodka is priced at around $35, making it an excellent choice for a vodka martini or any other vodka-based cocktail.
1. IWSC – International Wine and Spirits Competition: A renowned competition that judges and awards exceptional wines and spirits from around the world.
2. Kriol Distillery – The producer of Prosperous Vodka. It is responsible for crafting high-quality spirits using a special wheat variety.
3. Tasting notes – Descriptions of the aroma, flavor, and overall characteristics of a specific drink, usually provided by judges in competitions or experts in the beverage industry.
Suggested related links: